Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion 5.1 will not open nor will the templates created for FCPX

Every time I try to open Motion I get the beachball, I was able to right click through before on the dock instead because the splash window crashes it. Now it won't open at all. Also, none of the graphics created in motion can be edited in FCPX. Could someone let me know what I can do to fix this?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 8:22 AM

1 reply

Jan 21, 2014 8:08 PM in response to Paul 2

Sorry, your question is a little bit confusing. Let's start here, did this work for you previously with Motion 5.0.7(if you had that installed)? Does Motion just beach ball until you force quit, or does it crash on it's own at some point? It sounds like you are saying that Motion may be crashing when the splash screen appears, but I'm not clear?

Second, when you say none of the graphics created (previously?) in FCP can be edited, what types of graphics are you talking about? (Titles, Effects, Generators, etc.) Are you talking about custom graphics or some of the ones included with FCPX? BTW, is your version of FCP the most recent?

Motion 5.1 will not open nor will the templates created for FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.