Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud account reset information

I'm trying to reset the account login information to match my apple ID login but cannot find adequate support for this.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 10:36 AM

7 replies

Jan 21, 2014 10:38 AM in response to firejoe

iCloud only comes with OSX 10.7.2 or later, you need to upgrade your OS. Go to the Mac App Store and try downloading OSX Mavericks. The store will only let you download it if your computer meets the required specifications.

If you are told your Mac is not compatible with Mavericks, choose About this Mac from the Apple menu, check if the computer has at least a Core 2 Duo(not Core Duo) or better CPU with at least 2GB of RAM, and if it does, click here and order a download code for Lion 10.7.

Jan 21, 2014 10:47 AM in response to firejoe

firejoe wrote:

I have OSX 10.8.5.. Your reply is not helpful.

Neither is your profile.

User uploaded file

In order to change your Apple ID or password for your iCloud account on your iOS device, you need to delete the account from your iOS device first, then add it back using your updated details. (Settings > iCloud, scroll down and hit "Delete Account")

In order to change your Apple ID or password for your iCloud account on your computer, you need to sign out of the account from your computer first, then sign back in using your updated details. (System Preferences > iCloud, click the sign out button)

In order to change your Apple ID or password for your iTunes account on your iOS device, you need to sign out from your iOS device first, then sign back in using your updated details. (Settings > iTunes & App store, scroll down and tap your ID)

If you are using iMessages or FaceTime, you will also need to log out and into your ID there too.

Mar 16, 2014 11:30 AM in response to firejoe

I bought a used iphone 4, had a 3g, and trying to transfer everything over. I keep getting the message that I need to turn off "Find My Phone", when I go to turn it off, it asks for password from previous user. HAVE NO IDEA!!! I went into settings, icloud, delete acct...then asked for password from previous owner. HELP!!! PLEASE!!! I am not very tech savvy.

iCloud account reset information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.