Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found.

Started getting this message when I sync my 160GB iPod classic. I have no clue how to fix this very descriptive error message T_____T any error logs I can check?

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 10:43 AM

1 reply

Jan 23, 2014 7:23 AM in response to Pennet Smith

Hey Pennet Smith,

Thanks for the question. The following article outlines the error message you are receiving and steps to a potential resolution:

iTunes: Unable to sync photos

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3697

- This error appears: "The iPhone/iPod touch '[device name]' cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found."

[…]

If you encounter any of the above issues or another issue while syncing photos, try the following:

1. Ensure that you are syncing the device with the computer with which you normally sync photos.

2. Within iTunes, select the device, then select the Photos pane and turn off Photo syncing.

3. Sync your device.

Important: This will remove all synced photos from your device.

4. Disconnect your device and update to the latest version of iTunes.

5. Remove your iPod photo cache.

6. Connect your device to iTunes.

7. Select the device, then select the Photos pane and turn on Photo syncing.

8. Sync your device.

If you still see an alert that there is not enough space to sync your entire photo library, selectively add photo albums until the device is full.

Thanks,

Matt M.

iPod cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.