Looks like no oneโ€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stupid question

Please help a biginner, just to understand.

Whenever I read about Pages, you talk about 09, 08, 05 etc. I guess that htese are the years when the version appeared. But when I check "about pages" I see only a version number, for example, I have 4.3, and, in the appplications folder, an (older?) version 5.0.1.

Which version belongs to which year?

Or does 09 etc. have nothing to do with years?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 11:03 AM

Click here for information.

(98388)

4 replies

Jan 21, 2014 11:15 AM in response to Niel

THANKS! Great.

Now I have another question: I made a newsletter with a template I liked in Version 5.0.1. But this version doesn't allow you to add or delete pages easily, as 4.3 used to. So, I want to use 4.3 again. I tried to open the 5.0.1. document in 4.3 but was told that I need the newer version to open it. Since I spent a lot of time customizing that template so that I don't want to lose it, and since the template does not exist in 4.3., I'm stuck. Is there any trick for opening a document created with a newer version in an older version?

Stupid question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.