Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Devices unable to connect to WiFi or No internet connectivity

HELP!

I have TimeCapsule in bridge mode connected to the cable router on WAN port.

My Apple TV 2nd gen, Macbook pro 13" 2011, Mac Pro server 2.8quad, WinPC, iPhone4 (and smetimes iBook G4 2005) are connected to the TimeCapsule,

in last couple of days i get strange behavior on WiFi...

iPhone and iBook can not connect to WiFi, MacBook pro is connected but it lacks internet connection, Mac Pro and WinPC have normal internet connectivity... restarting TimeCapsule or waiting 30min to 1 hour make it normal again.

is there any way to trace this issue?

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 12:02 PM

1 reply

Jan 21, 2014 12:35 PM in response to martin mr

Yes, you can trace it.

There are a lot of things that can go wrong. And sometimes no clear solutions.

Exactly which model TC and what firmware.

I am trying to read betweeen the lines for the model.. I am going to guess for a Gen1-4 rather than new AC.. looking at the ages of most of your equipment.

First step.. go back from 7.6.4 firmware which is poor to 7.6.1 or even earlier, 7.5.2 depending on the model.

Full factory reset of the TC.. then clean new setup.

Use all SMB naming.. short no spaces and pure alphanumeric.. for TC and wireless.. even set different names to both bands so you can better track if one band or the other is the problem.

Then fix the channels.. 11, 6, 1 for 2.4ghz

36, 40, and then >149 for 5ghz.. although that is less of an issue.

Taking away as much of the auto voodoo as possible gives you more hope in tracking the issue.

Next is using the older 5.6 airport utility.. One of your computer must be able to run 5.6, the PC at least.. will. Then you have access to log in the TC.. v6 has no log access.

If the TC is more than 3years old.. very sadly they become unreliable.. particularly the Gen1 and Gen2 will burn out the power supply.. but even Gen3 is not reliable where they fixed the power supply and introduced new board issues with change to ceramic capacitors from excellent Tantalum in earlier ones.

Devices unable to connect to WiFi or No internet connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.