Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac recently started making random beeping noises. They are all different pitches and lengths. Nothing like a notification. Also does it with the sound muted. I've deleted Skype (several people recommended that) and restarted & shutdown. Please help!

This has been going on for a few months and seems to be getting worse. At times it will be frequent, other times only a few random beeps an hour. Seems to be worse when something is loading or "thinking". I have a video of the beeping sounds I will upload when I get home as it won't let me do it here at work. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, it is driving me crazy! I'm also worried it will crash on me.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 1:18 PM

1 reply

My iMac recently started making random beeping noises. They are all different pitches and lengths. Nothing like a notification. Also does it with the sound muted. I've deleted Skype (several people recommended that) and restarted & shutdown. Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.