Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot access my email

The STMP server "p03-stmp.mail.me.com" rejected the password

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 1:58 PM

21 replies

Jan 21, 2014 3:58 PM in response to Robertislost

I get the same kind of message: "The MobileMe IMAP server “imap.mail.me.com” rejected the password". I've cleaned my permissions, restarted, changed my password online ...all to no avail. Icloud is offlinein Mail on my MacBook Pro despite having reset my password several times in preferences. Oddly I can pick up and send emails via the cloud on my ipod touch using my new password.

Jan 21, 2014 5:39 PM in response to Daveduck

This issue has been an off and on again problem ( ever since the Mail.app came out ).

I support three different .mac , .me, and .icloud accounts. In any given week, one of the three will have this problem. Then within a few hours, on rare occaisions a day later, the problem resolves with no action on my part. Getting a "behind the wall" comment gave me the info that basically the password server that handles a group of email addresses goes down. That's why when one of my three fails, the other two usually don't. Today however, two out of the three are down. You can access through the web based iCloud, as it uses yet a different password server. Or at least that's what I've been told.

Maybe a hack, maybe just maintenance, maybe the alignment of the stars - whatever the case, apples tech's are working on it and the problem will be resolved. As for switching to other email systems, I've had my gmail go down 8 times in the last year. I'm not happy, but it's not the end of the world - just a PIA .

And just incase... the private data on the password servers does not include your billing and personal data... just in case someone was worried..

Have a better day.

Al

cannot access my email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.