Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I switched to ethernet, Mail neither receives or sends with my google and hotmail accounts. The internet works though.

That's it, basically. It says it can't connect to the server, or lost signal, but it's been over a week, I tried changing my port settings and nothing, and I know it's not hotmail or google as I'm still receiving and sending fine on my other devices. Thanks for any suggestions!

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 3:24 PM

11 replies

Jan 21, 2014 3:34 PM in response to BBadger

Have you made sure that there is no certain Proxy settings required or anything? Are you able to access the internet but just your Mail accounts wont work?

Jan 21, 2014 3:44 PM in response to BBadger

Have you tried accessing your mail accounts through a Web Browser?

It is very weird that the internet would work but not the Mail Accounts. I would try to delete and re-add all of your internet accounts to see if that works.

Jan 21, 2014 4:08 PM in response to BBadger

I looked. You're right, it is pretty basic. I did see a contact by email option. If I were you, I'd find a local wireless spot and see if everything still works through there, as you say you've made some changes. Then I'd send them an email and ask what's up. It should work on wired if it works on wireless.

Since I switched to ethernet, Mail neither receives or sends with my google and hotmail accounts. The internet works though.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.