Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imap no longer works in outlook

suddenly i cant get imap to work in outlook. i have checked all settings. I can access the account through web. Is there a new MS patch that breaks Outlook using imap with icloud?

outlook-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 4:29 PM

4 replies

Jan 21, 2014 6:23 PM in response to windows2apple

Having same issue accross my iPhone (setup icloud email manually) as well as Outlook 2013 on my pc. Keep asking for password while password is correct and able to login icloud.com. I have noticed that if icloud account setup by icloud control panel (non manually on outlook) on pc or Non manually on iPhone, it will work. icloud status showing as normal at the moment, hope someone have a fix soon.

Jan 21, 2014 6:58 PM in response to Timond

i get the problem only on my two (both) PCs. One is set up with Icloud control panel. the other manually, which had never used iCloud email account before. It is the imap server that seems to be the problem. most recent update to PC was 3 days ago. I came home tonight and it was complaining about password. iPhone only uses icloud account to sync my calendar. only using that because Google decided to never support there sync program and then killed it.

I only am trying to get my calendars to sync. should not be such a challenge in 2014. we sent people to the moon what...45 years ago?

Nov 19, 2015 2:04 AM in response to windows2apple

i had the same problem and found that both Apple and Microsoft Technical Help chat lines of no assistance what so ever. Both said it was the others problem and it was even suggested by Microsoft assistant that apple'a iCloud was no longer compatible with outlook and that their was no solution. After reading all the comments here I decided to try them all but first I decided to turn off Apple's 2 stage verification. That solved the problem. So the solution is easy - if you want to access your me account on outlook just turn off apples 2 stage verification.

imap no longer works in outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.