Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why don't my iPad and iPhone see each other's tabs in Safari?

My iCloud tabs don't show from my iPad to iPhone or vice versa. They each see both my of Macs' tabs, but my Macs will only see the tabs for whichever iOS device I used most recently. Why wouldn't they both show up at the same time?

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 4:32 PM

11 replies

Jan 21, 2014 6:01 PM in response to rasnet

If you've already tried all these steps on your iPhone and iPad, including making sure private browsing isn't turned on, force-closing the Safari app, and turning off Safari in Settings>iCould and choosing Delete from My iPhone/iPad, then I'm not sure what else to suggest, other than deleting the iCloud account from your devices and signing back in.

Jan 21, 2014 6:18 PM in response to rasnet

Yes, you should see your iCloud tabs on all your iOS devices (running iOS 6 or higher) and Macs (running OS X 10.8.2 or higher) that are sharing the iCloud account with Safari syncing enabled.

I'm not sure if it would help, but you might try turning off Safari syncing on all your devices and letting things sit for a couple of hours, then turning syncing back on again. Might allow the servers to clear any possible glitch that may be preventing things from syncing.

Feb 10, 2014 6:20 AM in response to rasnet

I have the identical issue between my iPad and my iPod. "No iCloud Tabs" is all I see. I've tried all of Apple's troubleshooting suggestions, even repeating them several times on both devices and still it does not work. Many people seem to have this issue and have gone through all the troubleshooting. Apple doesn't seem interested in a solution.

Feb 21, 2014 12:56 PM in response to rasnet

I have the same issue. I have an iMac, MacBook Air, iPhone 5, iPad air and an iPad mini. All have icloud set up correctly and 2-3 devices at most show up on any given device. My two iPads only see my two computers and the iPhone. They don't see each other at all. My iMac saw one the iPad mini briefly then it disappeared. I went thru the entire kb article on all the devices, it didn't help. I also tried resetting network settings and resetting all settings on both iPads, that didn't help either. I had icloud accounts completely deleted from all my devices and re-added the iPads first, and that didn't help, without the macs and the iPhone they just didn't see any safari tabs at all then. Hopefully this is something Apple is aware of and fixing in iOS 7.1.

Feb 22, 2014 7:35 PM in response to rasnet

I have the same problem.

I went through all the basic troubleshooting already mentioned in this thread but still not working as I believe it should be.

All software is up to date.

MacBook Pro only sees one device (iPad 3 or iPhone 5s), the one most recently used. Both iOS devices only see the MacBook Pro.

I noticed that any page I add to my reading list is synced quickly without any problems across all devices.

Sep 7, 2014 2:04 PM in response to AndyandPamela

I've got the same problem across my 3 devices. Using iOS 7.1.2 Syncing doesn't work both ways between the devices. Went through the basic troubleshooting, called the Apple Support, wasn't really much of a help as they forwarded me back to the basic troubleshooting steps. Did anyone find a solution that actually works? Deleting the iCloud account didn't work either. It's really frustrating when you see this feature work fine on your friend's devices and your are looking for a needle in a haystack.

Sep 19, 2014 4:13 PM in response to rasnet

I have found this to be an issue when you restore one device from a backup of another. Those two devices will forever be counted as essentially the same device, for the purposes of iCloud tabs.

I haven't found a way to solve it, other than restoring and setting up as a new device (yes, really). I've tried renaming it, backing it up and restoring it again, etc...

Why don't my iPad and iPhone see each other's tabs in Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.