Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Daffodil Wireless Mouse unable to connect to Mac OSX 10.6.8. - can anyone help?

I purchased a Daffodil Wireless Mouse WMS326 which is supposed to be compatible with my Mac OSX Version 10.6.8. The mouse is turned on and the indicator light lit, however Bluetooth and Mouse programs in the System Preferences are not working. It came with a little USB chip, and when I plug that in my Mac is viewing it as a keyboard, but says it is unrecognizeable. I have downloaded all system updates, however nothing seems to work.

Daffodil Wireless Mouse-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 4:49 PM

1 reply

Jan 22, 2014 10:00 AM in response to twistyfate

Gosh-I'd say you might have got hold of a stinker right there. Turn off bluetooth if not needed and reboot. I've tried to find your model of mouse on Daffodil's website, but they aren't much help. you could try getting either steermouse or usb overdrive *dunno if they're free, though*. Usually when you plug in the usb dongle, and ensure that the mouse has charged batteries and is turned on, it works, but this is sadly not the case. According to Daffodil, it ought to be plug n' play (or should that be plug n' pray?) . Apart from running disk utility and repairing permissions I don't know what else to do. Usually, these things just work. Heck, I found a usb corded mouse in the dumpster behind my condo. Plugged it in-it worked.

sorry I couldn't be of more help

John b

Daffodil Wireless Mouse unable to connect to Mac OSX 10.6.8. - can anyone help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.