Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MP3 audio format not supported

I have a 4th Gen ipod shuffle that's running Software Version 1.0.2 (latest) with itunes 11.1.3.8 (latest) on Windows 8. I have a collection of related MP3s and a subset of these will not sync to my ipod. The *.mp3s that are 128Kbps will all sync but the files that are 96kbps will not and show the message "<filename> was not copied because the audio format is not supported by the ipod". These mp3s were not purchases from the iTunes store. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 11:15 PM

Most of my issues have been resolved. I went ahead and converted the 96 kbps mp3 to 128kbps using an external editor (Goldwave in this instance) and iTunes is now allowing me to sync them. One file was labeled as an *.mp3 but was actually a *.m4a (crazy how iTunes still played the file even with the wrong extension). The final file I'm still having trouble with but Goldwave can't read it either. Perhaps I will attempt burning the mp3 then ripping it using iTunes. For now I've resolved 99% of the issues. Hopefully this post will help someone in the future.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2014 11:15 PM in response to CraigTX

Most of my issues have been resolved. I went ahead and converted the 96 kbps mp3 to 128kbps using an external editor (Goldwave in this instance) and iTunes is now allowing me to sync them. One file was labeled as an *.mp3 but was actually a *.m4a (crazy how iTunes still played the file even with the wrong extension). The final file I'm still having trouble with but Goldwave can't read it either. Perhaps I will attempt burning the mp3 then ripping it using iTunes. For now I've resolved 99% of the issues. Hopefully this post will help someone in the future.

MP3 audio format not supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.