Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time capsule's hardDrive not recognized

Hi

I have a 1TB 2009 time capsule which I have been using for backup and storing other data. last week I unplugged it from power and after couple hours when I plugged it back the Green internet light never went on again and staid solid on yellow light and I also I heard clicking noise from the machine. So I took it to apple and they said it might be hard drive or power supply. Since they don't offer any repair for time capsule and I need to retrieve my data from hard drive I had no choice but taking the hard drive out and see if I can get the data transfer to other hard drive . lucky enough I was able to do so and found it the hard drive is ok . i also tried and plugged in the time capsule to see if it works with out hard drive and it was surprisingly working as a router perfectly. As soon as I put the hard drive back nothing work again. So now I am wondering what the problem would be since they both work fine stand alone. I think it could be the power supply which might be dying . if the problem is power supply where to find one since apple dose not sell them. any suggestion would be appreciated.

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 8:04 PM

1 reply

Jan 21, 2014 8:32 PM in response to matchmate

Apple do not sell it as a part.. you can pick up replacement ones or alternative on ebay.. just search time capsule power supply.

I have put up lots of instructions on fixing or replacing the TC power supply..

What is your model number.. A1302 at a guess.

https://sites.google.com/site/lapastenague/a-deconstruction-of-routers-and-modem s/apple-time-capsule-repair

The power supply cannot provide enough current for both hard disk and TC to start up.

time capsule's hardDrive not recognized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.