Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted preference file and now cant find any mail in user/library/mail/ folder!

I actually overwrote the preference file with an older one, because mail was having major issues sending and receiving and other password related wierdness...it actually made my host block my ip when I tried to reset the mail settings and test...meaning I wasnt able to see my website anymore...my administrater for the hosting reset it now...but its kinda freaking me out!

anyways the major issue now is the fact that after I overwrote the mail preference file and reopened mail everything was different...somewhat what I expected since I changed the preferences...but I was confident that I could easily go to the mail folder in library and retrieve all inbox, sent, draft, and trashed folders of messages...nothing was there!!!

Has anyone experenced this?

I didnt look in the mail folder before changing the preferences, so I dont know if they were their at all...ever?

but the interface was showing all files, sent and recieved deleted etc...is it possible that it was only setup somehow on a server, like using imap or a cloud?

I recently got this computer (sry I should have mentioned: Macbook, snow leopard 10.6.8, using mail 4.6 i think)

SO maybe the dude I bought it from somehow had it set to use a server based repository for mail?? is there a way to know...

I fiddled with computers a fair bit and feel pretty confident with OS related issues, but this is way out of my league!

anyone?

all ideas appreciated!

Thanks

Ja-Flow

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 7:51 PM

There are no replies.

I deleted preference file and now cant find any mail in user/library/mail/ folder!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.