Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Radio no longer plays any songs. Just skips repeatedly.

I changed my Apple ID password and now my iTunes Radio does not work in any of my Apple devices.

I have a MacBook, iPad, and iPhone and iTunes Radio used to work great on all of them before I decided to change my password.

Now, whichever stations I choose to play, it just keeps skipping songs after songs for very long time and it doesn't try to even play a song.

In fact, it slows down my iPad Air and iPhone 5S as it continues to skips songs in the background by the way the icons' animates.

I have to close the music app from the multitasking to get it back from the slowness.

This also happens with the feature stations on the top, but it can only play the ads.

I am an iTunes Match subscriber, so I do not get ad on my regular stations.

I tried to use my Aple ID in my sister's iPad and it does the same thing. It still skips for so long without any playing any songs.

However, if I put my sister's Apple ID to my devices, iTunes Radio works fine.

I think it has to do with my Apple ID and it is frustrating that I cannot use part of the service I paid for.

I hope someone here can give an insight with what I am having trouble with. Thanks.

iTunes Radio-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 8:21 PM

10 replies

Dec 8, 2017 10:22 AM in response to Juckfustine

This just started occuring for me yesterday (12/7/2017) and I was able to use a super simple fix. I went to a
"playlist" that had only one song in it and let it skip until it started to play. After that it self-corrected and now all other playlists and stations are working fine. Seemed to find the issue way faster with just one song as opposed to a radio station or playlist with way more media.

Jan 22, 2014 1:47 AM in response to Juckfustine

I got it to work. So weird. I played around the Preferences and one of the options I clicked did the thing. I let my iPhone and iPad to skip songs for a very long time while I play around with the setting on iTunes on my MacBook. Then, all of the sudden, both iPhone and the iPad started playing songs! I think what did it was selecting the two options under Automatic Downloads. What a relief! 🙂

Mar 6, 2015 6:23 PM in response to Juckfustine

Tried the "sign out from iTunes/App Store and sign back in" on iPhone and iPad.

That did not work on either.

Saw some posts about "WiFi blocking songs".

I'm on my home WiFi network, but on a whim...

I powered down the iPhone and iPad,

then I power-cycled my router and cable-modem,

powered up my iPhone and iPad,

and iTunes Radio has stopped skipping through 10-20 songs before finding one it can play.

Apr 1, 2015 11:04 PM in response to David Stephen

HI David - I actually had started another post on this same topic, and it was suggested there to 'update' all of your iTunes informatIon, although you don't really have anything,to change. This seemed to work for a short time for me, and then the skipping started again. I then had skip free radio for like a week, and then it started again yesterday. Today, I'm listening without issue. And yes, I use Cox too. I messaged them on FB, to which they sent me an article on an App Store outage that happened a few weeks ago, as well as a link to Apple on how to turn off the shake feature so to skip a song. I told them neither of those applied to my issue, and they told me to call Customer Serice and I just didn't have time for that. So I just let it come and go, but I'm convinced it's more of an ISP/Cox issue.

Apr 10, 2015 11:54 AM in response to 45_ACP

45_ACP - this occurs on all my devices, and specifically on my phone when connected to wifi. I was just posting this feedback in any device forum I could find to try to get a fix/ response. Did you post your feedback elsewhere? it was a lot of good info, and I surely appreciated - but long and short I think it should just work without all this additional troubleshooting!!

iTunes Radio no longer plays any songs. Just skips repeatedly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.