Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pushing out Apps to iPad without Apple ID credentials!

When are Apple going to allow educational institutes and business push out apps without requiring the apple ID and Password. Im not the only one to mention this! Very common issue!

Whenever we push out an app using our MDM tool, it asks for the Apple ID password! Our only option is to give the password to the teacher or student, but then we risk them logging into the online account and locking us out! (changing the password and security details etc...)

Somthing NEEDS! to be done here, Ive been frantically Googling for days trying to find a work around that DOSENT involve the Apple Configurator (with **** USB cables!) and i KNOW im not the only person in this situation....

Or at least have a layered password facility so that if we do give out a password to the teacher or student, the password they have cant do anything but install apps... that might work...

Apple really need to look at this!

iPad, iOS 7.0.4, Using Apple Config & Meraki MDM

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 1:51 AM

3 replies

Jan 22, 2014 10:35 AM in response to theByronic

I'd give apple a call. I think that I read that you do not need to enter the password with iOS 7 for app updates.

Until something better comes along.

"Deploying a great quantity of iOS devices means creating a great quantity of Apple IDs. This script allows automated Apple ID creation from a spreadsheet."

http://www.enterpriseios.com/wiki/Apple_ID_Automation_Builder

Jan 22, 2014 12:53 PM in response to theByronic

You still need to enter an appleid password with ios7. I've heard there are rumors that Apple will allow silent install, but I no idea when that will be happening. I am currently testing out a few MDM's and this is something i was hoping would fix the issue. But they all tell me it's Apple not allowing this. I just emailed my sales rep and engineer asking about this. If i hear anything i'll let you know.

Pushing out Apps to iPad without Apple ID credentials!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.