Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air won't run 27" 1920x1200 display

I have a 13-inch Mid 2011 MacBook Air. I have always used it with a 22-inch Dell 2209WA display which has a 1680x1050 resolution. This is done via a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, and a HDMI to DVI cable.

I just picked up a 27-inch Dell 2709W monitor which runs at 1920x1200. The monitor just won't display anything from my MacBook Air. I am using the same Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter and have tried it with both an HDMI cable and the HDMI to DVI cable. The MacBook Air detects the display (it shows up as Dell 2709) but nothing shows on the monitor. The monitor goes into power save, then wakes up a second later, then back into power save etc. Just keeps cycling.

I tried plugging a different laptop into the monitor with an HDMI cable and it works perfectly.

Any ideas what's up? AFAIK the MBA should be able to run 1920x1200 resolution?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 1:35 AM

There are no replies.

MacBook Air won't run 27" 1920x1200 display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.