Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.1.3.8 on Windows 8.1 64 bit display problems with CD tracks and Internet Radio

Recently installed iTunes 11.1.3.8 on a Windows 8.1 64 bit machine and I have the following problems:

1) Inserting a CD in order to listen or import tracks I get no display of tracks when I click the CD drive in the side bar. The list has only white and gray lines where the tracks should have been listed and the top of the table contains some grabbed display from Music table (i.e. the first track that was displayed in Music but only 2/3 of the line. The status bar at the bottom of the iTunes window shows correct information about the number of tracks and total playing time.

2) Hitting the play button while on this CD Drive listing starts the playback but the tracks play in random sequence even though shuffle play is not selected (not blue to be precise). In the zone with track name, playback progress, elapsed and remaining time and other track options the indications are correct.

3) Importing the CD works but the tracks are imported in random order. Track information from CDDB providers is accurate eventhough nothing is displayed while selecting CD drive as per problem 1). Imported tracks in Music show in random order. This is also strange because when I was importing something from a CDDB indexed CD or even a non indexed one the tracks were always imported in the order they were written on disc.

4) Going to Music -> Internet I get the same white and gray lines with no stations displayed but this time the status bar reads Zero Stations. Obviously I can't select/listen anything

I'd say I'm quite experienced with iTunes, using it since 2005 but never had problems of this type. Some assistance would be helpful. I smell a bug that maybe shows up in my particular configuration. Searched everywhere, maybe not good enough, but couldn't find something even similar.

iPod classic, Windows 8

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 3:00 AM

1 reply

iTunes 11.1.3.8 on Windows 8.1 64 bit display problems with CD tracks and Internet Radio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.