Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop auto-mount of server?

I am trying to troubleshoot an issue on a client's iMac that I am providing tech support for. It was originally configured by another IT person who is now unable to be contacted.

The iMac seems to have some sort of auto-mount in operation that periodically connects to a shared folder hosted on another iMac on the network, but with the incorrect permissions. If I eject the server, it reappears soon afterwards on the Desktop. It looks like this:

User uploaded file

Double-clicking the icon brings up a message that the Shared files can't be accessed because of insufficient permissions.

I have looked in the Login Items, Startup Items, LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemons but can't find any evidence of any script or plist that might be causing this auto-mount behaviour.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Cheers,

Greg

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 3:27 AM

4 replies

Jan 22, 2014 8:49 PM in response to Eustace Mendis

Great idea! However, I actually need access to a Shared folder on that Mac (with correct permissions). You'll see from my screenshot above that the same folder appears twice, once with the proper shared volume icon (with full access and correct permissions), and once with the 'folder with red bar' icon without any access (and incorrect permissions).

I might try deleting all keychain entries relevant to that shared folder and see if that helps.

If anyone else has any ideas, they would be gratefully received.

How to stop auto-mount of server?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.