Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple remote desktop trouble :(

Ok so here is the issue

I have 3 computers in the house.

2 of mine and other is my friends

My main one is my mac book air ( not runnign maverics )

My other one ( running maverics)

My firends one ( not running maverics )

I can access my friends one with my main one but not my 2nd laptop (running maverics)

Is there a problem with access a computer running maverics with a non maverics laptop?

HELP PLEASE 😟

Apple Remote desktop-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Apple is hard :P

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 2:52 AM

7 replies

Jan 22, 2014 8:41 AM in response to conordb

It's difficult to offer suggestions with so little in the way of details. Have you confirmed that your second Mac has been set up appropriately for ARD, with Remote Management activated and the appropriate permissions set up for the user you're using to connect? What version of ARD administrator are you using, and what is the client version on the problem system? What error are you getting when you try to connect?

Jan 23, 2014 1:31 AM in response to conordb

Hi

"Is there a problem with accessing mavericks with a non-mavericks laptop?"

Shouldn't be.

Have you tried some basic network troubleshooting yet?

Are all three computers connected to the same network? Do they all have IP addresses in the same subnet? For example 192.168.10.2; 192.168.10.3 and 192.168.10.4? Can you ping number 2 mac's IP address? Can you telnet on port 5900? Do you have any mis-configured 3rd-party software such as Little Snitch installed that's not installed on the others?

Eliminating the above should get you further than where you are now and may help us help you further?

HTH?

Tony

Apple remote desktop trouble :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.