Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Book Pro Hard drive crashed, got new one installed phisically, but need help with the software side of it......Lost and looking for helpful hints, I'm farely new to Mac.....

I have a Mac Book Pro that I bought about a year ago. The 750gig hard drive crashed. I recently bought a new one but its a 1tb, also I bought a copy of Snow Leapord. to install on the new drive, Ive gotten the drive in, now I need to know how to proceed from here? Please help me?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.1.x)

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 8:41 AM

1 reply

Jan 22, 2014 8:47 AM in response to Elbowed_Spider78

Did you buy it new or used? If it was new what OS did it ship with? If used you need to make sure the hardware is compatible with Snow Leopard. If it is compatible you would just need to insert the DVD and boot to the DVD by holding c on startup. Enter Utilities and format the drive to Mac OS X extended journaled. Then Install the OS on the formatted HD.

Mac Book Pro Hard drive crashed, got new one installed phisically, but need help with the software side of it......Lost and looking for helpful hints, I'm farely new to Mac.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.