Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the iPhone 5S connect to 2 bluetooth devices at once?

So here's my question:

I have a car which offers a built-in hands free bluetooth solution. I simply turn the bluetooth on and it's instantly connected. It doesn't support A2DP, so i can't stream music with it. The car has an AUX IN though, so the question is: can I simultaneusly connect with the hands free via bluetooth in order to be able to pick up the phone and a bluetooth audio receiver connected with the car via AUX IN to stream music while not talking or is it impossible?

Waiting for you reply guys,

Maciek

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 10:10 AM

2 replies

Jan 22, 2014 10:30 AM in response to pdroth

Well, I haven't, but it seems normal that I can connect to one audio device at once, and the head unit would be an audio device for the bluetooth hands free. So what I understand is that I would have to switch between devices while i.e. getting a phone call which sounds like a mess. I want to stream music to a bluetooth device and while doing that automatically switch to the head unit when I get a phone call. Haven't tried it since I have no access to this kind of device and I'm asking before buying one. We don't have such a great return policy in Poland :-)

Can the iPhone 5S connect to 2 bluetooth devices at once?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.