Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstalling Aperture 3

I have been using Lightroom for the past couple years but thought about giving Aperture a try again. Went to install it in Mavericks and cannot. I have a copy of Aperture 2 and the upgrade key to convert the Aperture 3 trial, for a total investment of $300. Neither will work. Called Apple support and they said that it is a third party software and I needed to go on the Aperture website and contact their support. Thought this was an Apple product?! Aperture site takes you straight to the Apple page. Even has links for Aperture support.

Anyone else been through this? Please tell me I don't have to spend another $80.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 10:01 AM

6 replies

Jan 22, 2014 10:56 AM in response to BoltAction

You just need Aperture 3 even though what you have is an update key. The problem is that the on-line trial DMG was taken down a while back and is no longer available, at least to the general public. Perhaps the link in the email you got from Apple will still work.

So If I understand correctly, you were using Aperture 2, bought the key to upgrade to Aperture 3 but never actually downloaded 3 from the Apple site? As I said the tdownload is no longer there but perhaps in your case you'll be able to get it.

If that fails you can try calling Apple (1-800-275-2273) and explain the situation, they may be able to help.

Jan 22, 2014 11:09 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

I removed Aperture once I started using Lightroom a year or so ago. Went to reinstall Aperture and was able to install 2 but not upgrade it to 3. Opening the 3 dmg says disk image not found. I tried the original dmg I had and downloaded it from the email link. Neither worked. Apple support says theres nothing they can do for me. I've already paid way more for this program then anyone has to now. I'll just go back to Lightroom I guess. Not worth another $80.

Jan 22, 2014 11:18 AM in response to BoltAction

It would seem to me that as you have a valid license for Aperture 3 you should be able to get Apple to honor it.

What version of the OS are you running? When Aperture 3.5 came out with 10.9 all Aperture users with a valid license where switched over the Mac App Store license.

Sometimes these things take a few calls and getting the right person on the phone, the initial contact will hardly ever be able to solve a problem like yours.

regards

Jan 22, 2014 11:22 AM in response to BoltAction

Apple support says theres nothing they can do for me. I've already paid way more for this program then anyone has to now. I'll just go back to Lightroom I guess. Not worth another $80.

Please try, what Frank Caggiano suggested and make that phone call. This can simply not be right. If Apple Support cannot give you a link to download the Trial version, they should provide a redeem code for App Store instead.

Reinstalling Aperture 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.