Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 6 not supported anymore?

If I want to receive any security patch or bug fix for my iPad 3 still running IOS6, do I have to move to IOS7?

IOS7 killed the camera of my iPhone 5 (replaced under guarantee) but I can't take risks with my iPad and I don't really want it to run slower. Plus the whitish theme with thin characters doesn't help my declining eyesight.

Windows XP was introduced in 2001 and support is ending in April of this year ... 13 years ...

Sigh

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 1:00 PM

5 replies

Jan 22, 2014 2:11 PM in response to phyared

phyared wrote:

So it is between risking to cripple my ok machine with a new, heavy piece of software, or risking it getting compromised due to unpatched sofware. Aha! I might just have cracked Apple's planned obsolescence model!

I have had iOS 7 on my iPad 3 since iOS 7 was released. It runs beautifully. It's unlikely that installing iOS 7 had anything directly to do with the failure of your camera on your iPhone 5. iPhone 5/5Cs (they are the same phone on the inside) run iOS 7 with no problems. It's unfortunate that your first experience with iOS 7 was marred by a hardware failure on your phone. I think you've less to fear than you think. 🙂

IOS 6 not supported anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.