Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow download speeds in bootcamp compared to Mac OS

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit running in bootcamp on a late 2103 27 inch iMac. Download speeds are 3 to 4 times faster when using the Mac OS (and much closer to speeds promised by my ISP) than when booted into Windows.
Is there a way to improve download speeds in bootcamp? I assume that because I can achieve much higher speeds in Mac OS that the router settings etc are optimised.
Many thanks
Dianne

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 1:36 PM

8 replies

Feb 4, 2014 2:34 AM in response to diannefromql

Good news I fixed it. Click the start button /Control panel click /Network and Sharing Center then click /Trouble Shooting Problems. After it loads you will see /Network Adapter, click it and a screen will pop up to trouble shoot. Before you click Next click /Advanced then click /run as administrator, now click next then select Wireless Network Connections and run the trouble shooting should fix it. Let me know if you need more info

Slow download speeds in bootcamp compared to Mac OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.