Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't I see my photos and videos?

all the photos and videos in one of my albums in iPhoto are coming up with an exclamation point or OSSupport error -54. Why can't I see my photos and videos?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 1:56 PM

1 reply

Jan 22, 2014 2:22 PM in response to Sarah wait

That's an indication that iPhoto has broken the link/file path between the thumbnail and original file. Apply the two fixes below in order as needed:

Fix #1

1 - launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down and rebuild the library.

User uploaded file

2 - run Option #4 to rebuild the database.

Fix #2

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library

1 - download iPhoto Library Manager and launch.

2 - click on the Add Library button and select the library you want to add in the selection window..

3 - Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the Library ➙ Rebuild Library menu option.

4 - In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.

5 - Click on the Create button.

Note: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments but not books, calendars or slideshows. The original library will be left untouched for further attempts at fixing the problem or in case the rebuilt library is not satisfactory.

OT

why can't I see my photos and videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.