Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airdrop automatically send and accept

Is there a setting to send files via airdrop without having to hit "send" then on the other machine hit "accept & save?" I know a few people of mentioned dropcopy, but I'm looking for something native to airdrop.

thanks.

~m

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 11:37 AM

You're missing the obvious...

There should be a list of trusted machines, that you will always say "Accept" a file from.

Current implementation makes it hard to drop a file from my Bedroom Machine to my Basement Machine.

Even harder for my Dad, who is in a wheelchair, often alone at home.

7 replies

Sep 3, 2015 5:52 PM in response to dtork

Please see Use AirDrop to send files from your Mac to another nearby Mac or iOS device - Apple Support and

Preventing senders

You can prevent people you don't know from sending you files, or you can allow everyone. If you don't see recipients in the AirDrop window, they might only accept files from people who are in their Contacts list. Ask them to add you in their Contacts app, or have them select the option "Allow me to be discovered by: Everyone" in the AirDrop window.

airdrop automatically send and accept

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.