Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migrating stickies from one computer to another

Is there a way to migrate the contents of my Stickie.app from one computer to another? I suspect that I need to know where the contents of the stickies are stored and then copy that file to the other computer? Or is it more complicated than that? Where ARE they stored?
Thanks for any advice.
Joanne

iMac-flat; iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Jul 31, 2006 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2006 1:44 PM

Joanne, the content, style and location of all your sticky windows from Stickies.app are in the file ~/Library/StickiesDatabase. To copy your stickies from one machine to another:

1) Make sure Stickies.app is not running on the first computer.
2) Copy the StickiesDatabase to your other computer's desktop.
3) On your second computer, make sure Stickies.app is not running.
4) Put the StickiesDatabase in ~/Library on your second compter.
5) Run Stickies.app on your second computer.

Note that the exact placement of the Stickies will also transfer, so if your second computer has a smaller screen, you should move your stickies to a location where they'll be accessible.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2006 1:44 PM in response to Joanne Walen

Joanne, the content, style and location of all your sticky windows from Stickies.app are in the file ~/Library/StickiesDatabase. To copy your stickies from one machine to another:

1) Make sure Stickies.app is not running on the first computer.
2) Copy the StickiesDatabase to your other computer's desktop.
3) On your second computer, make sure Stickies.app is not running.
4) Put the StickiesDatabase in ~/Library on your second compter.
5) Run Stickies.app on your second computer.

Note that the exact placement of the Stickies will also transfer, so if your second computer has a smaller screen, you should move your stickies to a location where they'll be accessible.

Migrating stickies from one computer to another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.