Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to sort music by artist on purchased playlist on ipod classic

I had the music on my IPod Classic sorted by artist but when I recently synced it, it sorted it by song. I want to sort the "Purchased" playlist on my IPod by artist, not by song. When I go to my IPod in ITunes and select the "Purchased" music, it grays out the headings and will not let me do it by artist. Can anyone tell me how to correct this?

Windows 8, iPod Classic 80 gb

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 12:54 AM

scooterj wrote:

When I go to my IPod in ITunes and select the "Purchased" music, it grays out the headings and will not let me do it by artist.

Presumably, you use Sync to manage your iPod.

Make the change in your iTunes Library, but without the iPod connected. Then connect the iPod and let the Sync put the change on the iPod for you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2014 12:54 AM in response to scooterj

scooterj wrote:

When I go to my IPod in ITunes and select the "Purchased" music, it grays out the headings and will not let me do it by artist.

Presumably, you use Sync to manage your iPod.

Make the change in your iTunes Library, but without the iPod connected. Then connect the iPod and let the Sync put the change on the iPod for you.

how to sort music by artist on purchased playlist on ipod classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.