Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought a new ipad mini & wanted to know if I use the same apple id as I do on my pc?

I have a new ipad mini and I put the same email for my apple id as for my pc. Will this work or will I get alot of email on my ipad? I am scared so I changed my apple id and made up a new email. Not sure what to do now....help

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 4:20 PM

2 replies

Jan 22, 2014 4:28 PM in response to Reniez

You want to use the same Apple ID on the iPad as you use on the PC. Your Apple ID should be your main email address.

You use your Apple ID for purchases, iCloud , iMessages and FaceTime, if you have been using this Apple ID on your PC, continue to use it on the iPad. Don't use the new ID. Purchases are always tied to the Apple ID that was used to make the purchases. You don't want to have two Apple ID's.

Go to Settings>iTunes and App Store>Apple ID. Make sure that you are signed into the same ID that you are using on the PC.

I just bought a new ipad mini & wanted to know if I use the same apple id as I do on my pc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.