Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 pink screen full of distorted graphics.

Hi Everyone,

I am using a 2.2GHz Macbook pro with 8GB of memory Maco OSX Lion 10.7.5 and FCP 7.0.3.

All has been well untill recently. I have not added additional plugins etc.

The program will run for a random period of time then the screen begins to break down.

It turns various hues of pinks and dark lines. If you quit FCP7 it returns to normal.

User uploaded file

Final cut seems to be running just fine in the background. You can see the save box in the image....just about.

Has anyone else seen this problem. I have yet to reinstall the program from disk but intend to.

If anyone else has come across this problem it would be great to hear from you.

G4 Power Book, Mac OS X (10.4.10), Also G5

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 4:44 PM

5 replies

Jan 22, 2014 5:19 PM in response to Sundermac

Do you get this corruption on any other application?

Do you get this corruption on just this clip or on a number of them?

Does this happen only after the machine has been running hard for a period of time or can it happen right after startup?

Are you doing something in particular when it happens?

Are you using a standard codec (eg ProRes, DVCProHD, DV) or something wonky like AVCHD, H.264, MXF?

A first step is often to delete your preference files (sometimes they become corrupted). Digital Rebellion has a free app - Preference Manager (google it) to take of this for you. If this doesn't help and you want to go the remove and reinstall route, use DR's FCP Remover (also free) to completely clean the app from your drive before you do the reinstall.

If it still remains problematic after working though all that, I'd take the box into an Apple repair shop and have them test the Graphics card.

Best,

x

ps. You might want to change your signature line. It says you are running a G4 Power Book and OSX 10.4

Jan 22, 2014 5:26 PM in response to Studio X

It seems to happen from startup. Tried rebooting after a cool down to see if it was overheating. Only seems to be when using FCP 7. Using standard PRO RES 422. They are converted through MPEG streamclip from the Mkii raws.

Not doing anything particular. Mainly just cutting in a single line before cutaways. Allthough it does not seem to matter what I am cutting. It is not particularily challenging.

Will have a try with preference manager.

Thanks.

Jan 23, 2014 8:58 AM in response to Sundermac

Good... it's just that I had a bad experience with MPEG Streamclip messing up files.

Similar to what Studio X suggested, I'd start by repairing permissions (if they still do that in Lion) and running Disk Warrior on all drives. That alone has fixed a lot of issues for me.

Trashing prefs is a frequent suggestion and can't hurt (though I've only done it a half dozen times since FCP5 was released.)

If you haven't already, try copying your timeline into a new sequence to see if it gets better. Very long or very complex sequences seem to attract odd behavior (FCP's underlying database is somewhat fragile) so the timeline gets a fresh start when you paste it into a new sequence.

hope this helps

Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 pink screen full of distorted graphics.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.