Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 'procedure entry point' error

Hi. I've just updated iTunes with the latest version offered by Apple. Since the update, I haven't been able to open iTunes receiving the following error message:

The procedure entry point

?videoTracks@QTMovie@@QBE?AV?$Vector@V?$RefPtr@VQTTrack@@@***@@$0A@VCrashOnOverf low@@***@@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\WebKit.dll

Can anyone suggest a fix please.

Thanks

Dave

Windows 8

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 5:11 PM

24 replies

Jan 22, 2014 6:11 PM in response to Dave in NZ

?videoTracks@QTMovie@@QBE?AV?$Vector@V?$RefPtr@VQTTrack@@@***@@$0A@VCrashOnOverf low@@***@@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\WebKit.dll

Taken at face value, you're having trouble with an Apple Application Support program file there. (Apple Application Support is where single copies of program files used by multiple different Apple programs are kept.)

Let's try something relatively simple first. Restart the PC. If you're using Vista or 7, now head into your Uninstall a program control panel, select "Apple Application Support" and then click "Repair". If you're using XP, head into your Add or Remove Programs control panel, select "Apple Application Support", click "Change" and then click "Repair".

If no joy after that, try the more rigorous uninstall/reinstall procedure from the following post. (If you've got XP, although the procedure is for Vista and 7, just read "Computer" as "My Computer", read "Uninstall a program control panel" as "Add or Remove programs control panel" and assume the system is 32-bit, and you'll be doing the right things.)

Re: I recently updated to vista service pack 2 and I updated to itunes 10.2.1 and ever

Jan 23, 2014 6:54 AM in response to Dave in NZ

I have the same issue. I have tried both repairing the apple suport program, and uninstalling and reinstalling the iTunes program... It still woll not work for me. Using windows 8.1

Dave in NZ wrote:

Hi. I've just updated iTunes with the latest version offered by Apple. Since the update, I haven't been able to open iTunes receiving the following error message:

Can anyone suggest a fix please.

Thanks

Dave

Jan 23, 2014 6:53 PM in response to bdropic

I have run into the exact same upgrade issue. However, I believe the reason was that I followed instructions with a previous version of iTunes that required copying QTMovieWin.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes. So, I had an out-of-date version of this DLL in the iTunes folder. To solve this error message I actually *DELETED* this old out-of-date file. Now iTunes seems to be using the one that's in Apple Application Support (which it probably should do all the time). So, rather than follow gilbertio's advice it may be good to first try deleting the "bad" version that you have in the iTunes folder. I'm guessing that if you keep copying QTMovieWin.dll to the iTunes folder you'll have to keep on doing this every time you upgrade iTunes.

Jan 25, 2014 11:11 AM in response to Dave in NZ

I am running a new HP computer with Windows 8.1. On Thursday I upgraded to itunes 11.1.4.62. After installation I encountered the procudure entry point error when attempting to start itunes. Per this discussion group, I did the following:

Copy QTMovieWin.dll from c:\Program Files (x86) Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support

and paste into

c:\Program Files (x86) \ iTunes

This enabled itunes to start but would not recognize my ipod. In Windows explorer, my idod was listed only as Apple Ipod. I followed the recommendations to upgrade drivers to no avail. Finally I went to the control panel to uninstall the following Apple programs:

Apple Mobile Device Suport

Apple Application Su[pport'

iTunes

I then reboted the system and reinstalled iTunes and rebotted the system once again for good luck.

Windows explorer now recognized my ipod as well as iTunes. In fact, now when I plug my ipod in a USB port, itunes automatically starts up and performs a sync withj the ipod touch. Haven't had that happen for quite some time.

iTunes 'procedure entry point' error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.