Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you confirm to me that the Books section has been discontinued in the latest release?

I don't think I saw any advance documentation about this.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Using Apple software applications

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 6:42 PM

7 replies

Jan 22, 2014 6:58 PM in response to Limnos

Limnos

Until the latest update of iTunes, management from Mac to iPad was through iTunes.

Messy, and if taken away completely, then fine. Makes sense. I advised the same.

So now tell me how i can see the same draft book (ie not yet published, I am writiing one) that has successfully loaded into iBooks on the Mac over to iBooks on the iPad?

Reason: snce most people read books on tablets, not PC/Macs, and as writer/publisher I need to see it on the iPad too before publishing it. Or is, as seems to be the case here also, Apple is reducing product functionality - or has it "dropped the ball" again?

Thanks

Jan 22, 2014 7:42 PM in response to CarlOttersen

Two days ago I told somebody you could not read books on a computer. Another advanced poster told me that had all changed with Mavericks and the introduction of the iBooks app and that the article was out of date (hence my edit, sorry). See http://www.apple.com/ibooks/ It doesn't come right out and say, "Now you can read books on your computer," but it does say you can enjoy them on your Mac = computer.

Can you confirm to me that the Books section has been discontinued in the latest release?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.