Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passwords & Keychain issues

So, the past couple of days, I was having an issue with Mac Mail, specifically my @me.com email address. I kept getting the little box asking for my password and if I wanted to save it to the Keychain. So, I put it in and clicked to save it, but the box kept reappearing. Went to Mail preferneces and found the password was missing so I put it in, but again, it refused to save it. Went to check the keychain and found it was there, twice. Deleted them both and went back to Mail. Still got the password needed box, over and over. I've entered the password now in the Mail Preferences>Accounts and yet I don't see it in the keychain, but my @me.com mail address is working again today.

This evening, I'm getting a similar thing with caldav.icloud.com. I enter the password, click Ok, but the box just keep reappearing, no matter how often I click ok. Can't find this one in my Keychain either.

Have run Keychain First Aid several times, to verify and repair, and it keeps saying it's all good.

Not sure what to do next.

I've run Disk Utility to verify and repair the disk.

Have restarted my computer a couple of times too.

Oh, and my Time Capsule wouldn't eject after backing up last night either.

Seems like I've got all sorts of issues that just began a day or two ago for no apparent reason... sometimes I really hate computers!!😠

Mac Mini 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Logitech mouse, Apple wired keyboard, acer monitor

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 6:17 PM

4 replies

Jan 22, 2014 6:33 PM in response to schoodle

Ok, so after rebooting my Mac Mini once again, the calander app seems to be working and I'm not getting the request for the password forcaldav.icloud.com anymore.

However, the Mac Mail is again asking for the password over and over for all my mail accounts. These have been repeatedly saved to the keychain, but I think my keychain has been corrupted.

Jan 22, 2014 6:52 PM in response to schoodle

After the reboot, opened the Mail app. and got the password asking boxes again for both my accounts. After entering the password for one of my mail accounts, that one seems to have resolved itself, but the mail.me.com password still won't stick.

Clicked to cancel that box and then rechecked the Mail>Prefences>Account Information, the passowrd is there, but the outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) is saying it's Offline, again.

Went to Mail>Mailbox and took all accounts Offline and then back Online and still the box for mail.me.com is asking for the dang password and to remember it in Keychain. Typed in my password, clicked to save it in keychain, but to no avail.

Once again, went to Keychain and tried the verify and repair and keep getting messages saying all's well, but obviously it's not. I'm getting really frustrated with this. 😟

Jan 22, 2014 7:45 PM in response to schoodle

Deleted my icloud mail account on my Mac Mini, then tried to add it back, but now it won't connect to the incoming server, therfore it won't recreate the account. Copied all the info I could from my laptop's Mac Mail account, where it's working just fine, but some of the info is different as that computer is running 10.7.5. IAt least on the Mac Mini I can log into iCloud via any browser and read the mail, but honestly, I don't understand why this isn't working.

I can't upgrade this computer either to a more recent OSX because of a certain program I use daily that won't run on anything higher. Grrrrr.

Passwords & Keychain issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.