Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I get Server 10.8 App

I had to blow my Mini away and do a clean install. I followed the directions but it didn't install Server, which came with the Mini. Since it didn't come with Disks (or a disk drive) all of the forums say download it from the App Store. The App Store doesn't list 10.8 Server any more. Where do I get the software I purchased?

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 8:47 PM

5 replies

Jan 23, 2014 4:52 AM in response to prepressdan!

If you log in with your Apple ID and do not see it in your purchased items list, you will likely need to call Apple, explain that you never associated the app with an Apple ID and then request a redemption code.

In the days of 10.8, when you got server, it came with Server.app. However, if you just used the product and never updated the app, you did not associate the app to your Apple ID. Now it is not available in your purchased items list.

R-

Apple Consultants Network

Apple Professional Services

Author "Mavericks Server – Foundation Services" :: Exclusively available in Apple's iBooks Store

Jan 23, 2014 6:50 AM in response to prepressdan!

I'm not sure this will work with a Mac Mini Server that had the OS X Server app pre-installed.

Backup your system first.

Then.......

Try restarting into Internet Recovery (Command+Option+R) until you see a spinning globe. This boots into Apple's servers and Apple's Recovery HD so you can reinstall the most current version of OS X that came preinstalled (factory condition). In your case that should be OS X 10.8.5. This is where I don't know if OS X Server will also be installed for you. If you can call a local Apple Store, ask them if an Internet Recovery (not plain Recovery mode) will get you OS X Server also. If not, ask them HOW you get it since your MM came with it.

Where do I get Server 10.8 App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.