Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes.exe- Entry Point Not Found: ?videoTracks@QTMovie@....

I have recently tried to install iTunes 11.1.3 however upon installation, I kept receiving the message:

iTunes.exe- Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ?videoTracks@QTMovie@@QBE?AV?$Vector@V?$Vector@V?$RefPtr@VQTTrack@@@***@@$0A@VC rashOnOverflow@2@@***@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\WebKit.dll

I have sinced removed and reinstalled Quicktime, Bonjour, Apple Support, iTunes, Apple Mobile Support and all other apple-related programs from my computer twice, only to receive the same message. Also, I have rebooted my computer several times and tried to 'repair' the Apple programs from my control panel. Still the same problem though...

Please help me 😟

Windows 8

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 9:52 PM

18 replies

Jan 24, 2014 7:30 AM in response to naminegal

From a conversation elsewhere it seems that ideally you would only have the one copy of QTMovieWin.dll in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support (32-bit Windows) or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support (64-bit Windows)

You should find that if you remove any copy made in:

C:\Program Files\iTunes (32-bit Windows) or

C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes (64-bit Windows)

that iTunes will work normally and that subsequent software updates don't cause this problem to reappear.

tt2

Jan 24, 2014 8:29 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi turingtest2,

Yes I believe have hit upon the key to solving this problem. After upgrading to 11.1.4 I too received the "Entry point not found" error. When I did a search on my C: drive for the QTMovieWin.dll file I found that it was present in 3 different directories but that the one that was in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support directory had a more recent modified date ( January 20th 2014 ) than the other 2 versions. (I am running the 64-bit version of iTunes.) Therefore, following your advice, I deleted the file from the other 2 directories and tried starting iTunes again and voila it worked fine ! I must have previously copied the QTMovieWin.dll file into the other 2 directories in order to fix other iTunes startup problems but those copies are now out of date and when iTunes 11.4.1 tries to use them it throws up the "entry point not found" error.

So, I believe anyway, the best way to fix this problem (for both the short and long term) is to make sure that you only have the QTMovieWin.dll file in one directory ... i.e. in either

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support (32-bit Windows) or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support (64-bit Windows)

Jan 24, 2014 11:06 AM in response to gbiggles

gbiggles,

Do you have multiple copies of this dll on your system? In particular, do you have previous versions of dlls, like QTMovieWin.dll, in your C:\Program Files\iTunes that you have manually copied in?

If you had previously manually copied dlls from older versions of Apple software into your iTunes folder next to your iTunes.exe file, it would explain this problem. You should only have 1 copy of these dlls in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support folder because that's the latest copy.

Toonz

iTunes.exe- Entry Point Not Found: ?videoTracks@QTMovie@....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.