Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook screen went black and now has problems starting

While I was using my Macbook Pro, the screen went black. I turned it off, and when I tried restarting it, the loading screen with the Apple Logo was kinda green. The screen then went white and nothing more happend. I turned off the computer again and this kept happening every time I turned on the computer. The next day I tried again, and the computer worked fine, allthough very slow. However the day after the same thing happend again.

Anyone who knows what the problem could be and how to fix it?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 1:04 AM

3 replies

Jan 23, 2014 1:36 AM in response to PernilleM

You might be suffering from the problem discussed in this -> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4766577?tstart=0 - thread. I was bitten by the faulty GPU bug as described on those pages and I, too, have a 2011 model.

If that is your problem (and the symptoms certainly sound like it) then you would need to have your logic board replaced but that, in itself, does not mean that the problem will not reappear. There are some folks who have been through 3 to 4 logic board replacements and still had failures.

There's really nothing that you can do to fix the problem - you can certainly take your machine to your local Apple Store/AASP and have them diagnose the problem and give you an estimate for repair (I had AppleCare, so mine was replaced free of charge).

Sorry,

Clinton

Macbook screen went black and now has problems starting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.