Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove/delete an app from my iPad mini that I no longer need?

Can someone advise please? How can I delete/remove an unwanted app from my iPad mini? Thanks!

iPad, iOS 7

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 2:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 2:25 AM

Press and hold any of the apps and after a couple of seconds or so they should start to shake. Then press the 'x' in the top left corner to delete the ones that you don't want, and when you've finished deleting press the home button so as to stop the shaking. If you don't get the 'x' on any of the apps that you've downloaded (you can't delete built-in apps) then check that Settings > General > Restrictions > Deleting Apps isn't set 'off'

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2014 2:25 AM in response to LanaGogo

Press and hold any of the apps and after a couple of seconds or so they should start to shake. Then press the 'x' in the top left corner to delete the ones that you don't want, and when you've finished deleting press the home button so as to stop the shaking. If you don't get the 'x' on any of the apps that you've downloaded (you can't delete built-in apps) then check that Settings > General > Restrictions > Deleting Apps isn't set 'off'

May 19, 2015 8:14 AM in response to Student in shanghai

You can't retrieve it. You have to restore your iPad as new in order to remove the restrictions passcode.

If you lose or forget your Restrictions passcode, you'll need to erase your device and then set it up as a new device to remove the passcode. Restoring the device won't remove the passcode.

About Restrictions (parental controls) on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How do I remove/delete an app from my iPad mini that I no longer need?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.