Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a document outline feature on Pages 5.0.1

Pages '09 has this neat little feature where i can detail the paragraph style useing the document outline feature. I am looking for this in the newer version of Pages but i can not seem to find it. I do know how to edit the paragraph styles but it is the particular outline feature that i am looking for.

I'm just hopeing is somewhere deeply hidden in the program where i have yet to look.

Thanks!

Pages 5.0.1-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 6:26 AM

4 replies

Jan 23, 2014 12:03 PM in response to bellavendetta

You know the old saying, if it is free, it is probably too good to be true?

Apple has removed over 100 features from Pages 5.

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=3527487677f0c 6fa05b6297cd00f8eb9&mforum=iworktipsntrick

Pages'09 should still be in your Applications/iWork folder.

Trash/archive Pages 5, after Exporting all your files to Pages '09, and rate/review it in the App Store.

Peter

Feb 16, 2014 9:42 AM in response to bellavendetta

The one feature holding me back from making the switch from Word to Pages is the outlining capability. To me, this is the most elementary aspect of document creation. I always start with an outline. Each outline level corresponds to a format style: title, heading1, heading2, etc. Every word processor app I have used over the past three decades has had an outliner capability. Up a level, down a level, expand view, collapse view. All of these features can be clicked or keyboard shortcut. When Pages has these capabilities, I will be an enthusiastic user.

Is there a document outline feature on Pages 5.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.