Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synchronisation problem on iPhone device (iOS7) and iCloud, Synchronisation problem on iPhone device (iOS7) and iCloud

Hallo,

I've got a problem with the synchronisation of the calender with iCloud and perhaps the iOS7 iPhone (4s).

I have 2 iCloud accounts - better to say - one is the main account and the other the subaccount (for business).

The main account synchronises well - without problems. But my subaccount behaves funny.

If I create a new appointment the event disapears from my iPhone device, as if he had not been stored. If I check online in my iCloud calender the event/appointment is there. But I cannot see it on my iPhone oder iPad devices. Both devices run with the newest iOS 7.

The settings I use on both devices: the subaccount - which doesn't work right - has activated in the iCloud settings: only calender and mail. All others are deactived.

I also did some trouble shooting which I found on Apple support, but that didn't solve the problem (

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3999?viewlocale=de_DE&locale=de_DE).

I also started completly new and deactivated all iCloud accounts and set everything new. No luck there.

Does anybody else had a similar problem? - and did solve it? :-)

Thanks a lot!

Redangi

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4, iCloud, synchronisation, calender

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 5:56 AM

5 replies

Jan 23, 2014 8:26 AM in response to fromsouth

FYI, you can sync multiple iCloud accounts on the same device by adding them in Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Add Account>iCloud and signing in with separate IDs. These "secondary accounts" will sync mail (fetch), contacts, calendars, reminders and notes. See http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4020. Families often find this convenient as it allows them to maintain separate data sets, while maintaining a shared calendar or contacts (http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/sharing-itunes-icloud-account s-in-a-family/).

Jan 23, 2014 9:24 AM in response to randers4

Thank you Randers as always, nice addition to stuff I do not know. There is note in that article that may explain why it does not work for OP. So if secondary account was added without certain categories of data inside - say calendars - that particular category would not sync at all or sync properly, like he described?

"Secondary accounts should only be set up if you already have mail, notes, contacts, calendar, or reminders data in another account that is separate from your primary account."

Jan 23, 2014 9:34 AM in response to fromsouth

That's true but I couldn't tell if the OP was syncing calendars in the primary account or not. However, the fact that adding the event to the calendar in the secondary account on the phone causes it to appear on icloud.com but disappear from the phone suggests that it is syncing with iCloud. Makes me wonder if the event may have been added to the calendar in the past and the iOS devices are only set to sync events that are 1 month or 2 weeks old. If an event was then added to a date that preceeded the sync date setting, it that would cause it to sync to iCloud (and appear on icloud.com) but immediately disappear from the iOS devices.

Synchronisation problem on iPhone device (iOS7) and iCloud, Synchronisation problem on iPhone device (iOS7) and iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.