Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Solution to the issue of summoning the dock in Mavericks - dual monitor setups

Have you noticed that the dock doesn't appear on the second screen as prompted? I've contact apple and was told that the dock is actually being transferred. Refusing to believe that it takes that long, I ventured on finding a solution. Atlas, I found one and one that works.

Whenever you want to summon the dock on your secondary or primary monitor and it's not appearing. With yoru cursor already at the hotspot, keep dragging your mouse down, and it will show up.

This method is alot faster than waiting, or dragging your mouse up and down again to hover over the dock.

Cheers!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 6:34 AM

1 reply

Nov 11, 2014 5:16 PM in response to DRTMBP

Nice find. It works great!

I noticed this feature when I upgraded to Mavericks a couple months ago, but could not find how to control it. My two displays are set up vertically, with one on top of the other. I prefer the dock on the larger 24" display sitting above the native MBP screen. The system typically defaults to the dock on the lower screen, but now I'm able to command it to the top screen.

Thank you!

Solution to the issue of summoning the dock in Mavericks - dual monitor setups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.