Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone got the message "Please move to 'Application ' Directory" even though the application is in the application directory? When I reinstall the application it works but once I exit the application and try to execute the application I get the error

Has anyone got the message "Please move to 'Application ' Directory" even though the application is in the application directory? When I reinstall the application it works but once I exit the application and try to execute the application again I get the error. The application I am having problems with is iCMS (software to view security cameras online)

Thank you.

iCMS (DVR viewer)-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 7:13 AM

14 replies

Jan 23, 2014 7:17 AM in response to michaelfrometobcioke

Whilst it may not be your fault I am afraid it appears that your post is on a forum which is not the best for your OS. It will save the time of the unpaid volunteers here, and may resolve your issue faster, if you could examine the list below and see if there is a more appropriate forum to which you could direct your question.

OS X 10.9 Mavericks
OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
OS X 10.7 Lion
OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
OS X 10.5 Leopard
OS X 10.4 Tiger
OS X 10.3 and earlier
OS 9, OS 8 & System 7
OS X Technologies
OS X Server
iPad
iPhone
iPod
Other

Jan 28, 2014 3:15 AM in response to michaelfrometobcioke

michaelfrometobcioke wrote:

I conducted a test on OS Lion (10.7.5) and the problem does not exist, the problem only happens on OS Maverick (10.9.1)

I think the automated system initially placed your question on the Tiger forum because you originally posted it on the Tiger page at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1442.

However, some kind person has moved it to the Mavericks forum for you.

I am afraid I can't help you because I don't have Mavericks.

Good luck - I hope you find a speedy solution to the issue.

Jan 29, 2014 3:26 PM in response to michaelfrometobcioke

Testing in a new User will quickly tell you if the problem is system wide or if it's your User's folder that contains the problem.

CREATE A NEW USER

Go to System Preferences --> Create a New User in Accounts. Switch to the New User by logging out/in or use Fast User Switching.

Do you still see the issue?

If yes, then the problem is with your base files.

If no, then the problem is in your User's folder.

If the problem went away, try resetting permissions.

Use OS X Recovery Disk Assistant to reset Your files and folder permissions

Jan 30, 2014 6:25 AM in response to dianeoforegon

I conducted the test as described and the problem still exist with new user id. Just to provide you with more information. I have two MacBook Pro running 10.9.1 (OS Maerick) and they both have the same problem. I also have a desktop running 10.7.5 (OS Lion) and the problem does not happen on this system. I suspect there is a compatiblity issue between iCMS and OS Maverick.

Again, thank you for your assistance.

Has anyone got the message "Please move to 'Application ' Directory" even though the application is in the application directory? When I reinstall the application it works but once I exit the application and try to execute the application I get the error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.