Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Twitter Notifications Disappearing

Hi i have a 4s and am currently running version 7.0.4. I have certain notifications i get from Twitter. I dont know if this problem is Twitter's fault or my own iphone. My problem is that everytime i have an update(notification) from Twitter, I'll swipe it or unlock my phone and go to the notification center and tap it but then when i go back to the notification center, that particular notification along with all of the other twitter notifications i had are gone. For example, say my phone is locked, and i have 7 Twitter notifications on the screen, i swipe one, read it, then pull the screen down to go to the Notification center and ALL 7 are gone, disappeared. This also happens if my phone is unlocked and i go to the notification center and tap one. Also it happens if my phone is unlocked and i tap a Banner notification. Random times the notifications won't disappearat all. These random times will happen all 3 ways i described above. I do not know whats happening but i know i do not like it. I follow too many ppl to try to sift back through and find the tweets i wanted to read. Also before you ask, i do not know if this happened after a specific update or not. Please help me and thank you!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 6:57 AM

14 replies

Aug 26, 2017 8:30 AM in response to Josh-L

Same thing has been happening to me; started happening one day out of nowhere after months and months of no issue. I'm on iPhone 6S+ w/ iOS 10.3.3 (latest version atm).

Very frustrating, as I typically don't scroll through my Twitter feed to get my info for the morning; I simply go through my notifications. I'll swipe one, then go back to notifications and watch them all disappear as I swipe the bar down.

Jan 30, 2014 9:32 AM in response to Josh-L

I was having this exact problem with Twitter notifications. I might have a list of 3 or 4 or more in the notification center, I'd select one, it'd flip to the Twitter app and to that post, then I'd pull down the notification center to select another, but they would have all disappeared. This seemed to just start happening one day without any reason.

I fixed it by simply deleting and reinstalling the Twitter app. (I also rebooted the phone for good measure.) I logged back into the Twitter app and all seems to be fixed. I am getting notifications like before, but they are no longer disappearing from the notification center after I have select one. I've tested it all day today and this simple fix seems to have solved the problem.

May 11, 2016 4:56 PM in response to EmilSan

As I said, I did it again and it failed, so I tried it once more. This time, I deleted the app, switched off the phone and on again, unlogged all the twitter accounts from the system, reinstalled the app, logged into my twitter account and everything seems to be working well so far.

I'll let you know whatever happens.

Twitter Notifications Disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.