7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2014 12:30 PM by pdroth
LiquidAg Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm having major issues with the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" section of settings (in iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4).  My calendars stopped syncing on January 3, 2014.  I have them set up as a Gmail account (under "Mail, Contacts, Calendars").  It was working beautifully until January 3rd.  I also have my contacts synced using a CardDAV account.  It seems to have stopped syncing around the same time.  I have scoured the Internet, looking for answers or solutions, and none of them have worked for me.  The closest thing I can find (that seems like it fits my situation) is to delete these accounts, and set up a new account.

Unfortunately, my phone will not let me delete or edit these accounts.  I can access the settings and advanced settings for both, and I can make changes, but the phone doesn't seem to save anything that I change.  More frustratingly, if I try to delete either account, the phone warns me that I will be deleting my contacts or calendars from the phone (which is fine; I have them backed up); but when I accept this warning, the phone just gets stuck with a giant message saying "Deleting..." with the spinning "busy" symbol.  It just stays like that until I hit the home button, and then the account is never deleted.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Does anyone know of another way to delete one of these accounts?  I just want to start over from scratch and set up new syncing accounts to see if that works.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4