Well, I've tried all these things.. uninstall, delete, uninstall, delete...reinstall...finally got the new iTunes to install, but now it says it can't find the Itunes libary.itl -- then it quits. hello, I can see the file..does iTunes expect it in a different place? I am spending way too much time on this ... I have to wonder if they test this stuff or just roll it out and let us debug it. I've never had a problem like this with other software.
Apple has released a new build of iTunes 11.1.4 for Windows which resolves the install/launch issues some customers encountered after updating. If you are updating from iTunes 11.1.3 follow these steps on how to install the latest version. If you have already attempted to update to iTunes 11.1.4 and are encountering an error, see iTunes 11.1.4 for Windows: Unable to install or open
I was getting the MSVCR80.dll error so I did a system restore and waited.....hoping Apple would tweek their build....they did.
The new build worked.....took a extra long time and Windows Explorer shutdown & restarted during the process....kind of freaked me out.....but I let it go. My O/S is Windows 7 64-bit SP1....all latest updates.
Also, I wanted to post after I went into iTunes....updated now to 11.1.4......I did a sync and got an error "Unable To Load SyncUICoreLocalized.dll"......ugh !!!! Good news is that this is solved too.
Here is the thread: https://discussions.apple.com/message/24648364#24648364
Here is the solution from thread.....thx Stanalet !!!
Ever since I installed the latest iTunes update, I've had a variety of problems. My iPhone actually lost all sound. I couldn't hear calls coming in, couldn't make calls going out, no reminders, text notifications, etc. So, I got my replacement phone yesterday only to find that iTunes no longer recognized my attached phone. I had to get tech support to help before I could back up my old phone and transfer data to my replacement. An essential driver had been corrupted. That got fixed, but then I couldn't sync. After nearly 6 hours, tech support still hadn't solved the problem - not for lack of trying. Anyway, I tried to sync again this morning and got the "Resource not found: Unable to load SyncUICoreLocalized.dll" message." I then happened to check in this forum and followed the lead from the post above.
I have an iPhone 4S and Windows 8 and use Outlook 2013. Here's what worked for me.
- Close iTunes
- Close Outlook
- Open Control Panel/Programs
- Right click on "Apple Mobile Device Support"
- Select "Repair"
- Wait a few moments ("Repair" doesn't show any indications of status, so I just wanted to be sure it was done.)
- Open iTunes
- Resync (I selected to replace my phone Contacts/Calendar from my Outlook, but that may not be necessary.)
Instead of Sync hanging for hours like it did yesterday, Sync took less than 10 seconds total. I didn't even have to reboot. YAY!
I'm not sure if this has already been suggested but it worked for me. Instead of unistalling, deleting and reinstalling iTunes just run a 'repair' from Windows' "Uninstall a program". That is, go in Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Feature and then click on iTunes and choose Reapir. Once it is done reboot and try again.
You can try downloading 7-Zip (free), or a free trial of WinRAR, and unpack the iTunesSetup.exe or iTunesSetup64.exe file into its components then try installing them individually in alphabetical order (don't try to install SetupAdmin.exe which drives the original installer, or iCloud.msi unless you have Vista). You may get a more useful error message regarding any problems during the install.
If you move the components to the root of the C: drive, these commands can be used to log the installs of individual components.
msiexec /i C:\AppleApplicationSupport.msi /l*v C:\Log_AAS.txt
msiexec /i C:\AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi /l*v C:\Log_AMDS.txt
msiexec /i C:\AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi /l*v C:\Log_AMDS64.txt
msiexec /i C:\AppleSoftwareUpdate.msi /l*v C:\Log_ASU.txt
msiexec /i C:\Bonjour.msi /l*v C:\Log_Bonjour.txt
msiexec /i C:\Bonjour64.msi /l*v C:\Log_Bonjour64.txt
msiexec /i C:\iTunes.msi /l*v C:\Log_iTunes.txt
msiexec /i C:\iTunes64.msi /l*v C:\Log_iTunes64.txt
You can triple-click a line to select all of it, then press Ctrl+C, WinLogoKey+R, Ctrl+V, <Enter> to execute it.
Which components you have depends on whether you've unpacked the 32-bit or the 64-bit installer.
The log files might provide further clues as to what is going wrong.