Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 5.01 Freezes When I Try to Print

I updated to Pages 5.01, and when I go to File>Print, I immediately get a beachball, and have to Force Quit. This does not happen when I use Pages '09 (which, thankfully, I did not remove). I tried uninstalling Pages 5.01, rebooting, then re-installing 5.01. Unfortunately, that did not work😟. Has anyone found a solution for this issue? (I also had a weird problem where Pages 5.01 was putting text bullets on each of my slides and text boxes for some reason, but one problem at a time, I suppose).

-VJ

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 10:35 AM

Okay... just tried something I should have done two days ago...!

I was initially trying to print a custom Template, and whenever I tried, the program would freeze. What I had NOT tried was simply printing a different file. I just did that now, and it worked. So, obviously, my custom Template was corrupt, and has since been deleted. Looks like I'm back to making pages work, and it's on to cursing the latest Keynote for adding text bullets all over my presentation.

-VJ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2014 10:35 AM in response to VeeJayNYNY

Okay... just tried something I should have done two days ago...!

I was initially trying to print a custom Template, and whenever I tried, the program would freeze. What I had NOT tried was simply printing a different file. I just did that now, and it worked. So, obviously, my custom Template was corrupt, and has since been deleted. Looks like I'm back to making pages work, and it's on to cursing the latest Keynote for adding text bullets all over my presentation.

-VJ

Pages 5.01 Freezes When I Try to Print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.