Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In numbers '09, I have 24 numbers and want to add 89 to each, with 24 distinct results. How?

In numbers '09, I have a column of 24 numbers and want to add 89 to each, with 24 separate results in a new column. How?

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 10:23 AM

7 replies

Jan 23, 2014 10:50 AM in response to thatchamo

HI t,

Assuming the numbers are in column A, starting at A2, and that you want the results in column B, and in the same row as the original numbers:

B2: =A2+89

Fill down for 24 rows to B25.

To fill down:

After entering and confirming the formula in B2,

Select cell B2.

Shift-click on cell B25 to add it and all cels between it and B2 to the selection.

Go Insert (menu) > Fill > Fill Down.

Done.

Regards,

Barry

Jan 23, 2014 11:13 AM in response to thatchamo

Chamo,

First, make sure your first numeric entry and your first expression are both in the first Body Row, and not in a Header Row.

Then, Select the cell with the expression. In Numbers '09 a little open circle will appear in the lower right corner of that selected formula cell. Drag that corner with the circle down until you have reached the last row with data.

Jerry

In numbers '09, I have 24 numbers and want to add 89 to each, with 24 distinct results. How?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.