Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transparent marks under screen on new mac book pro retina late 2013

Not sure what they are I thought missing pixels but they are almost transparent, colouress there are at least nine of them and they show up on the sleep screen , plain colour backgrounds and when working, I bought this just before christmas and at first thought it was from my desktop screen, it was space so I thought it was the after image of the stars, have change the screen and see its permanent. It is out of the two week return. I contacted Apple they have made an arrangement for me to visit the genius bar at weekend but telling me I might have to leave computer there am unhappy as it really is hardly used? Any help would be appreciated, anyone with similar issue and how it was resolved. Thank you, this is my first Mac and am upset to think they might repair what to me is a new computer.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 12:09 PM

8 replies

Jan 24, 2014 4:48 AM in response to homeport1

There are periodic posts regarding pixel issues, usually dead pixels...only resolution since this is hardware related, is some form of replacement, either the whole computer or the lid/display assembly, or live with it. That call comes from the techs when they determine the extent of the problem. Since we are all fellow users and not Apple employees, all we can do is relate what others have said.

If you have the time, please post the results, the information would be helpful.

Jan 25, 2014 5:36 AM in response to Ralph Landry1

Hi I have just got back from the apple store and the guy at the Genius bar looked at it and said it was a manufacturing fault, and because it has been like it since new, and seemed to be getting worse he replaced the computer and I have a new warranty from today.

We got the feeling as soon as he looked at it that he has seen this before, I did say to him I was concerned it would be a replacement screen and I was not really happy about that as it was so new, and he said that was the normal procedure, but as the fault was already there at new and it was getting worse they would replace. I could not have asked for a better service.

Not unpacked this one yet but am hoping all is good, its a great little machine.

Thank you for your responses, and I hope this might help someone else. One thing it did not seem to be missing pixels but something to do with the screen production?

Jan 25, 2014 6:04 AM in response to homeport1

That is great news, really pleased all worked out so well for you. Most users find the response of the Apple personel to be really good.

Be sure to examine your new machine carefully before loading a lot of software just to be safe.

Thanks for posting your outcome and experience. We are all fellow users here and not Apple employees so all the feedback we can get is important.

Enjoy your replacement computer.

transparent marks under screen on new mac book pro retina late 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.