Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A magnetic key locked onto my ipod, and now it will only say "apple.com/support/ipod" with an X in the middle of the screen?

I really need help with this and calling over the phone is no help at all, I don't want to go into a store just to be told I need an appointment. Everything is updated and ready to go, it's all on my ipod. Please help!

iPod classic

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 12:42 PM

1 reply

Jan 25, 2014 12:19 PM in response to tyaustin1989

Hey tyaustin1989,

Thanks for the question. The following article outlines the “Red X” error you are seeing on your iPod classic:

iPod Displays a Red "X" Icon

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1463

User uploaded file

Resolution

Restore iPod from Disk Mode

1. Disconnect iPod from your computer.

2. Manually put iPod into Disk Mode.

3. Open the latest version of iTunes and connect iPod.

4. Restore iPod.

Setup Service for iPod

If you cannot force your iPod into disk mode and restore it, then your iPod may need service. Click one of the links below to setup an iPod Service Request online or make a reservation at the Genius Bar before visiting your local Apple Retail Store.

Apple Retail Store

iPod Service Request Online

Thanks,

Matt M.

A magnetic key locked onto my ipod, and now it will only say "apple.com/support/ipod" with an X in the middle of the screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.