Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone can't connect to wifi

The iphone can't connect to wifi

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 1:10 PM

5 replies

Jan 23, 2014 1:19 PM in response to Funny_but_epic

If you are having WiFi problems it is necessary to isolate whether the problem is with your network or your iPhone. Note: Do NOT consider your network to be blameless if some other devices can connect to it.

First, test your iPhone on some other WiFi networks: a friends, Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, etc.

If it works well there then the problem is probably with your network. Try restarting your WiFi router by removing power for 30 seconds. If that does not help check for a firmware update for your router. If none exists which corrects the problem consider replacing the router.

If your iPhone does not function well on other networks it possibly has a hardware problem. You could try Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings to see if that corrects the problem. If not, contact Apple Support or visit an Apple store for evaluation. They can provide a replacement if your iPhone is bad.

If you need more help please give the make, model, and version of your WiFi router and how you have it configured.

See also here: http://www.apple.com/support/iPhone/wifi/

Jan 23, 2014 1:25 PM in response to Funny_but_epic

First try to reset your phone by holding down both home and power/sleep buttons at the same time and wait for Apple logo to appear on screen.

Once phone has rebooted, go into settings and see if you can connect with your wifi. If you cannot connect, tap on the wifi network you are trying to connect to, and then on the next screen select forget this network. Then go back to Wifi and try to reconnect again.

If this doesn't work, follow Jim Hdk's suggestions. He is right about the router being suspect even if it works with other devices, including other iDevices.

If you have greyed out Wifi connections you may need to do a restore as new phone and see if that works.

Apr 1, 2014 9:58 PM in response to Funny_but_epic

I had this problem also and after doing all of the suggested fixes I had no luck so as suggested I went to an Apple Store as told by support. What they don't tell you is that if the phone is out of warranty they won't even look at it. The "genius" just typed in the serial number and said being all suggested fixes were tried it is not a software problem but a hardware problem and you have to buy a new phone for $199. I left Apple and went to a cell phone repair shop. They told me it was a common problem. $38 charge and 5 minutes later I was out with a working wifi on my IPhone. After having to replace an Imac after 4 years of minimum use, numerous returns with previous IPhones and now this blatant lie to make you purchase a new IPhone I am done with Apple. Great when they work but made to fail after 2 years. HTC ONE M8 here I come

My iphone can't connect to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.